Huntsville By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntsville, AL domain of Games Without Borders, ShadowPlay International LARP club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Huntsville By Night forums! (A domain of Games Without Borders, Shadowplay International LARP club!)

VTR: Downtimes and Character Journals are due by the 1st Saturday of the month!

If you are looking for Contact E-mails, Addenda, CDD forms and Character Sheets, Check under the "Resources" Forum.

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Elections- Q&A Open

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RavenH
RavenH

Elections- Q&A Open Empty
PostElections- Q&A Open

Heya folks! The Q&A is now open, and will remain open until Midnight on the 20th, or until we have no more questions! In the Topics below you will find Each application, feel free to ask any and all questions that come to mind!

For Requiem: Art Luna, Or NOTA

Lost: Sarah Wade, or NOTA

Forsaken: No applications received

Mage: No applications received

DST: Brandy 'Raven' Hicks, or NOTA

DC: Jeremy Hicks, or NOTA
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Elections- Q&A Open :: Comments

RavenH
Requiem Application: Arthur Luna
Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 pm by RavenH
- Identification - Name, GWB membership number, method of contact
(e-mail address).
Arthur Luna,,invictus.knight.keeper@gmail.com

-Able to respond to emails/posts within 72 hours (barring notification of holiday, illness, etc).
Yes
- Statement of purpose - What does the applicant want to accomplish while in office and how do they plan to execute that plan? How do you see the Game being Run?
I want to create a fun and easy to understand environment for new players, while keeping everything interesting and using the backgrounds of older players. I see the game being run as a story with some rules involved, where every player has a place and something to do
- Vision Statement - What would the applicant wish to do if he or she were in the office, both in terms of changes and similarities to the current policies and procedures? Include how you would like to set up the venue for the domain, and the type of Storyteller you are, How you see the VSS being.
I see the whole venue being run as a giant story within a story. I find that most of the current players, prefer story to action and I would make that the first responsibility. That being said, if player’s opinions on it shock what I think, I can always change it. The very most important thing to any game ever, is that everyone can manage to have fun all at the same time, so the VSS should reflect what the players want most out of the game.

Camarilla/GWB/Other White Wolf experience.
None

- Relevant Non-White Wolf experience - This may include education,certification, professional experience, personal growth, related hobbies,etc

I have been running/playing Dungeons and Dragons for the better 17 years. And have been dabbling in running different games, from Mutants and Masterminds, to Shadowrun, to GURPS, to Star Wars, to even trying my hand at creating my own a few times. Everytime I have run a game for different groups of people I have got nothing but constructive criticism and positive feedback.

- Recent disciplinary actions or other issues which may impact job performance capability, in ANY ORGANIZATION
None
RavenH
Application for DST: Brandy 'Raven' Hicks
Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:33 pm by RavenH
Applications for DST/VST should include:

- Identification - Name, GWB membership number, method of contact
(e-mail address).
Brandy ‘Raven’ Hicks, GWB2008011596, ravenscamarilla@gmail.com

-Able to respond to emails/posts within 72 hours (barring notification of holiday, illness, etc.).
Yes

- Statement of purpose - What does the applicant want to accomplish while in office and how do they plan to execute that plan? How do you see the Games being run?
I love the energy this Domain already has, it’s INCREDIBLE!! I defiantly want to help support the Venue’s we’ve chosen to play, and help the VST’s tell their stories, and the player’s tell theirs. I plan on having aDST’s for the Venues that do not currently have a VST wanting to run, and helping support them in setting up and running those Venues. I want input from the Domain on what they would like to see as far as Cross-Venue, and Antagonists. I DO NOT plan on allowing any ‘Kill Squads’ in for quite a while (Such as Task Force Valkyrie, VII, Hunter Cell’s, True Fae, the Unholy, etc.) as the Domain is still very new and these would be overpowering.

- Vision Statement - What would the applicant wish to do if he or she were in the office, both in terms of changes and similarities to the current policies and procedures? Include how you would like to set up the venue for the domain, and the type of Storyteller you are, how you see the DSS being.
I prefer letting the VST’s run their venues rather independently. I love to pitch in and help out, but not take over things. I defiantly plan on being an impartial party if we end up with OOC conflicts, and will take any investigation very seriously. I see the DSS as an over arcing document to tie the venues into a real ‘World’, and having inter-venue plot. As far as type of storyteller, I love seeing personal plot and choices. You’re taking on the persona of a supernatural person. Whether they be a Vampire, a Lost, a Wolf, they all were born, had hopes and dreams, a first (and sometimes last) kiss. WoD is a very RP-driven RPG, and LARP adds a stronger bond to those stories as well. It is a darker, harsher, more corrupted world than what we live in, and I do think that plot and choices should reflect this. There is no ‘winning’ at Larp, there is just “Safe for tonight”, sometimes….

Camarilla/GWB/Other White Wolf experience.
I was a Cam member, then MES, since 2007 until the first of this year. During my time there, I was an ADST (Lost), AVST (Lost, Requiem, and Forsaken), VST (Lost), aaMST (Creatures under the Lost Venue), and I’m currently the AMST Lost for this new Chronicle.

- Relevant Non-White Wolf experience - This may include education, certification, professional experience, personal growth, related hobbies, etc.
I’ve played about any RPG out there, Via LARP, Paper and pen, play by post, bbs, IRC, etc. I’ve run campaigns in D&D and Shadowrun, as well as Dark Heresy.

- Recent disciplinary actions or other issues which may impact job
performance capability, in ANY ORGANIZATION
I’ve never been ejected from a domain/game, and have never received any DA’s in any WOD gaming club.

Admin
Re: Elections- Q&A Open
Post Thu May 23, 2013 3:50 pm by Admin
Application for VST: Lost

- Identification -
Sarah Wade
GWB2013030018
SarahWade.rpg@gmail.com

-Able to respond to emails/posts within 72 hours?
Yes, emails go straight to my cell phone so as long as I have signal, I can reply from anywhere. If it is more than a simple reply, it will require some time, but I will contact you to let you know that I have not forgotten about/ignored your message! Smile

- Statement of purpose -
It is my goal to bring interest to the venue of changeling by creating an engaging and entertaining story that is driven by the player characters. I have always loved the idea of a faerie realm and the possibilities that it can create within a gaming system. It is my hope that through creative use of the global plot lines, and creation of new venue level encounters that players will be able to enrich their role-playing experiences. I will endeavor to create an environment that is filled with rich character development, storyline and intrigue and provide any support for players that they feel they may need.
I plan to execute this by recruiting knowledgable AVST's to aid me in my story development, and assisting the players in their role-playing abilities. I would endeavor to recruit AVST's with a variety of strengths and specialties. (ie: One AVST who is extremely knowledgeable about the rules of combat who would be capable of running largescale combat scenes, one who is witty and a quick thinker to develop narrational scenes on the fly, etc.)
I see this game being run as a cooperative team effort between both the VST staff, and the players, because a truly immersive experience must be created with mutual, positive and open communication.

- Vision Statement -
If elected to the office of VST:Lost, it would be my goal to create balanced plot lines that players would find engaging and to create an immersive experience through the use of Downtimes and the forums.
I would like to see the venue set up with strong roleplayers, costuming and player involvement in the set up and tear down of the gaming site.
I would also love to have player input as to what kinds of things they would like to see happen in the plot lines of the venue and I encourage all players to be forthcoming with their long term goals for their characters. When I know what people are aiming for, it gives me a much better chance of setting something up for that goal to be achieved.
The type of ST am I? I would like to think that my ST style would be more along the lines of player engagement and immersion in story. I am not opposed to combat or conflict as I think they are very important aspects of a game, but one of the main goals that I hope to accomplish as an ST is to be just that, a story teller. I feel that the story is why we play the games we play. We all love to escape from our normal lives and delve into the world of fantasy from time to time. It is my hope that I can create a world that is worth escaping into.

Camarilla/GWB/Other White Wolf experience:

Camarilla: I joined the Camarilla in February of 2013 so that I could create a character and play at the SERE (South East Regional Event) where some of my friends were playing.
• GWB: I joined the GWB in March of 2013 to support the vision and goals of Brandy and Jeremy Hicks.
• White Wolf: I have played Changeling: The Dreaming, Scion, Aberrant, Werewolf: Apocalypse, Vampire: The Masquerade as Table Top RPGs and have played Vampire the Requiem and Vampire Cam/Anarch for LARP.
• I have worked as an Assistant ST for a Vampire: Requiem troupe game in Gadsden, AL.
• I have been playing Vampire: Requiem for almost 2 years now in troupe games both in Gadsden, AL and Montgomery/Auburn, AL.

- Relevant Non-White Wolf experience -
As ST: I have run several Pathfinder games for friends.
• As a Player: I have played Shadowrun, Pathfinder and D&D.

Other:
• Forum Webmistress for Dark Seattle LARP (Vampire:Requiem troupe game in Gadsden, AL.
• Forum Webmistress for Huntsvillebynight.org
• NANOWRIMO participant for 6 years. (National Novel Writing Month - Community challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.)
• Actress at The Whole Backstage Theater in Guntersville, AL (Relevant for ability to immerse in character.)
• SCA (Society for Creative Anachronisms)- Renaissance Reenactment and immersion, both by creating a persona and costuming to fill the role.
• Theatrical Costuming and Makeup experience through Shaman Studios (shamanmade.com) in Denver, Colorado. 1999-2002
• Worked in several Haunted houses both in costume and as an acting coach for "monsters" in Denver, Colorado, 1999-2002
• Worked at the Colorado Renaissance Festival as an audience immersion character. 2000-2002

Recent disciplinary actions or other issues which may impact job performance capability, in ANY ORGANIZATION?
None, I have never had any disciplinary actions in any organization.
Re: Elections- Q&A Open
Post  by Sponsored content

Elections- Q&A Open

Page 1 of 1