Huntsville By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntsville, AL domain of Games Without Borders, ShadowPlay International LARP club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Huntsville By Night forums! (A domain of Games Without Borders, Shadowplay International LARP club!)

VTR: Downtimes and Character Journals are due by the 1st Saturday of the month!

If you are looking for Contact E-mails, Addenda, CDD forms and Character Sheets, Check under the "Resources" Forum.

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Elections!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Accardi
Sponsor
Sponsor
Alex Accardi

Elections! Empty
PostSubject: Elections!   Elections! EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Reading through the announcement page, (and by the way, I am posting this here because I cant post a reply to the announcement) It says we are already past the application phase and into the Q and A phase.... I have not even heard of 1 person posting that they are running for anything. What is going on here? We are voting in 8 days... Give me some INFO!!! lol

But seriously, both players and those running need to get together and figure this out. I, for one, want to have an awesome time playing this game, so it matters to me who is running it, how they run it, etc. I am sure many of you are like me, so lets make sure this is done right. Brandy, please respond here and give us a list of who has decided to run, and let us know if the dates for any of this has changed due to recent events.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sarah Wade
Webmistress
Webmistress
Sarah Wade

Elections! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections!   Elections! EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Alex,
Thank you for posting this. I wasn't even aware that we had passed the application stage.

I agree that we need to see who is running for what so that we have the chance to ask them questions about their methods and intentions for running the games.

So, Who is running for what?
Have any applications been submitted?
Back to top Go down
http://Etsy.com/shop/bardicpiratestudio
Alex Accardi
Sponsor
Sponsor
Alex Accardi

Elections! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections!   Elections! EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:43 am

Seeing as there is only 1 person running for each position, wouldnt that mean that there is no need for elections?

We cant just not have the position filled, so if we dont vote in the one person running for each spot, then we dont get to play that venue, correct?

Also, I know I cant do any of these positions (just way too damn new to the scene) but I would be willing to assist anyone who thinks I would be useful enough to be an assistant to.
Back to top Go down
RavenH
RavenH

Elections! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections!   Elections! EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:31 am

Alex, you're correct in stating if those running are not elected, there is no one to fill the position. We still have to run the election itself, and if elected, each person holds their position for one year.
Back to top Go down
Alex Accardi
Sponsor
Sponsor
Alex Accardi

Elections! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections!   Elections! EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:24 am

OK gotcha
Back to top Go down
Alex Accardi
Sponsor
Sponsor
Alex Accardi

Elections! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections!   Elections! EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:31 am

Seeing as there are 3 with no one running them..I wish I could help...but no experience means I seriously doubt that would be a good idea. If anyone wants to run for Mage, Lost, or Forsaken and would like me to help in some way, I would be more than happy to...I just dont think a newbie like me could take on the main role myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elections! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections!   Elections! Empty

Back to top Go down

Elections!
Page 1 of 1