Huntsville By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntsville, AL domain of Games Without Borders, ShadowPlay International LARP club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Huntsville By Night forums! (A domain of Games Without Borders, Shadowplay International LARP club!)

VTR: Downtimes and Character Journals are due by the 1st Saturday of the month!

If you are looking for Contact E-mails, Addenda, CDD forms and Character Sheets, Check under the "Resources" Forum.

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Ongoing NST Elections ..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fallnor
Mortal
Mortal

Ongoing NST Elections .. Empty
PostSubject: Ongoing NST Elections ..   Ongoing NST Elections .. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 pm

I can not speak for every one In the Huntsville domain but I can speak for myself, I do not like at all the attitudes and ongoing bitterness and hatefulness and Ignorance that seems in my opinion to be coming from the Two people who call then selves our Candidates.... I strongly Encourage for all of the members of the domains to take a little time to sit down and read all of the e-mails coming across for the election and Form your own opinions I for one will be voting None of the Above as both candidates do not appear to be suiting to any of our needs. This is the time it really counts guys The Huntsville domain is almost of not more fully a third of the GWB membership or that's at lest my understanding of the numbers I have seen come across. So if you agree or don't agree with me ether way is fine by me but Please step up and vote .. who knows what the road will hands us.
Back to top Go down
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor
Justin Cline

PostSubject: Re: Ongoing NST Elections ..   Ongoing NST Elections .. EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

I can honestly say I'm not a fan of either NST candidate, nor am I a fan of all the drama going on in general on the national level.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Wade
Webmistress
Webmistress
Sarah Wade

PostSubject: Re: Ongoing NST Elections ..   Ongoing NST Elections .. EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm

I've spent most of the morning catching up on what happened on the gwb-general list and I am pretty disappointed with what I've read. The Q&A seemed to be going pretty well until some people who aren't even candidates started answering the questions asked of the candidates, misinterpreting responses and trying to clarify the responses from the candidates. The attitudes were pretty snarky and snippy all around, not just with the two candidates and continued to decline until the NC resigned after having a vote of no confidence called on him.

This seems to be a trend lately. It happened with the Bylaws ratification, with the discussion about Background checks, and with the Membership fees discussion and now with an NST election? Right now, I am feeling pretty disillusioned with the club as a whole.

That said, You are absolutely right, we do make up a huge chunk of the membership and if every member of our domain voted we would make a huge impact. So please do, take the time to vote in this election, even if your vote is "none of the above". The NST has a direct impact on what happens in our local games because of the way the approvals are set up, so whoever gets elected WILL impact us as a domain.
Back to top Go down
http://Etsy.com/shop/bardicpiratestudio
Sarah Wade
Webmistress
Webmistress
Sarah Wade

PostSubject: Re: Ongoing NST Elections ..   Ongoing NST Elections .. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:28 am

Copy/paste from the MST email today with instructions on how to cast your vote.

Ladies and gentlemen, we now move to the voting stage of the election for National Storyteller. The candidates are as follows:

* Rocky Batton
* Tim Caisley
* None of the Above

Please format your ballot in ranked preference, from highest to lowest preference. Example:

1. Biff the Brilliant
2. Gail the Great
3. None of the Above

Be sure to include your name and membership number, and send your ballot with the subject line "NST Ballot" to all of the following:

Jessica Orsini (MST) -- mst@shadowplayinternational.org
Charlie Kay (MC) -- mc@shadowplayinternational.org

This election will run until 23:59 GMT on Thursday, 27 March 2014.
Back to top Go down
http://Etsy.com/shop/bardicpiratestudio
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ongoing NST Elections ..   Ongoing NST Elections .. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NST Elections ..
Page 1 of 1