Huntsville By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntsville, AL domain of Games Without Borders, ShadowPlay International LARP club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Huntsville By Night forums! (A domain of Games Without Borders, Shadowplay International LARP club!)

VTR: Downtimes and Character Journals are due by the 1st Saturday of the month!

If you are looking for Contact E-mails, Addenda, CDD forms and Character Sheets, Check under the "Resources" Forum.

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Official Bylaw Ratification Vote

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor
Justin Cline

Official Bylaw Ratification Vote Empty
PostOfficial Bylaw Ratification Vote

There is one week left for the bylaw ratification vote. This was sent out to the general member list a few weeks ago, but I know some aren't subscribed to the list. So here it is.

It's now time to ratify our bylaws, or completely redo them. We are at the point now that we have to have these ready for when the incorporation paperwork is submitted. And we can move forward as a legal entity. From this point on, once these bylaws are ratified, any additions or subtractions that are made will have to be voted on by the Board of Directors, and amended to this document.

Our current draft of the bylaws are listed here -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qhTZ7Xh_Nu7CO_mrArDEyCk5YrsrQzuKqy0eNbmcYBk/edit . Please read over them before you vote. Thank you.

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out online:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WjwjnhJ24clvCS8aGmYFwOrhz2T3XqR2P9AJIDcaou4/viewform
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Official Bylaw Ratification Vote :: Comments

Sarah Wade
Re: Official Bylaw Ratification Vote
Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:11 pm by Sarah Wade
I voted. At the time I voted, there were only 13 people including myself that had voted on this. This will affect all of us. I highly recommend voting.
Alex Accardi
Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 pm by Alex Accardi
I see the Bylaws, I dont see the voting.

Not that it matters to me. Its a bunch of crap I dont care about, since I dont plan to do anything but play.
Priscilla Tan
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:25 am by Priscilla Tan
Alex Accardi wrote:
I see the Bylaws, I dont see the voting.

Not that it matters to me. Its a bunch of crap I dont care about, since I dont plan to do anything but play.

Second link on this post. Just vote. It's only 3 buttons.
Alex Accardi
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:14 am by Alex Accardi
No thanks. An uninformed voter is worse than someone who doesn't vote at all. And I didn't read all those pages of useless crap, so Im not going to vote on them either. That would be irresponsible of me.
Priscilla Tan
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 am by Priscilla Tan
Alex Accardi wrote:
No thanks. An uninformed voter is worse than someone who doesn't vote at all. And I didn't read all those pages of useless crap, so Im not going to vote on them either. That would be irresponsible of me.
'

It is also irresponsible to be a negative voice when it comes to voting. Keep your apathy to yourself. You can choose to not be unconcerned with being part of the club. You can choose to dislike reading the bylaws. You can choose to not vote. But you chose to ask to open the comment section to everyone and you chose to simply use it to voice something negative that you can clearly withhold yourself from, thereby influencing others to be as apathetic as you. THAT is unacceptable.

You can call it 'useless', you can call it 'crap,' but you can also leave it alone without giving others the same opinion before they could even TRY.
Alex Accardi
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:59 am by Alex Accardi
Please, Priscilla, explain to me how this would affect me in the slightest? Also, my second comment came from your nonchalant comment that it's "only 3 buttons" you are just as guilty as I am at negativity and bad voting practices.
Justin Cline
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 pm by Justin Cline
I'm going to lock this before it gets any more off topic and a flame war ensues. Take it to PMs.
Post  by Sponsored content

Official Bylaw Ratification Vote

Page 1 of 1