Huntsville By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntsville, AL domain of Games Without Borders, ShadowPlay International LARP club.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Huntsville By Night forums! (A domain of Games Without Borders, Shadowplay International LARP club!)

VTR: Downtimes and Character Journals are due by the 1st Saturday of the month!

If you are looking for Contact E-mails, Addenda, CDD forms and Character Sheets, Check under the "Resources" Forum.

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Address to the Domain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
adrienb
Mortal
Mortal

Address to the Domain Empty
PostSubject: Address to the Domain   Address to the Domain EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:46 am

++13APR2013++
++Office of the Prince++
++Transcribed From Dictation++
++Emelia Vaught, Secretary to the Prince Pro-Tem++

From the Office of the Prince:

Good evening my fellow kindred. It is a pleasure to make use of this delightful medium so kindly provided by the Lord Lucien Thoreau. We must always remember to pay respect to those willing to give that society may be improved.

As I am sure you are all aware by now, there have been some changes in the Office of the Prince these past few night. Primarily, the changing hands of praxis from the Earl VonVonaghburg to myself. While the elder sleeps, the duty of keeping peace in the city has fallen into my hands. It can be difficult for those such as ourselves to accept change, even if it is in our best interest. Unfortunately, the evolution of our city is inevitable, and I would ask that you adapt with me in the nights ahead for the good of us all.

It is my personal philosophy that a society cannot be run smoothly on a single faction's beliefs, but only through a solidarity of the many. To that end, you will remember that one of my first acts was to form a council comprised of representatives from each clan and covenant. Except in matters of emergent nature I will always consult the accumulated wisdom of this council before making major decisions that affect this domain. In this way it is possible for even the freshest neonate to bend the ear of this office through their chosen representative. Bear in mind that the ruling of this city will remain the burden of this office alone and once decreed no supplication for appeal will be accepted.

That being said, I would urge you all to contact your councilor before bringing matters before the judgement of this office. In this way we will be able to keep our titled court members focused upon their duties and allow fully researched cases to be brought to the table for consideration. As ever, should you have a direct emergency, feel free to contact this office for assistance. Further, I will maintain an open door policy to the kindred of the city, appointments may be scheduled through our Seneschal- Alder Lady Tesla. Your wait time will be dependent upon the needs of the city and on a first come, first serve basis.

It is at the discretion of this office to run court in a maner of their choosing. Our courts will be a formal affair. Should you plan on attending, please forward your announcement request to the Royal Harpy, Lady Eva Whitmore, for reading during the processional. Do remember that all courts will be held in Elysium and therefore neutral ground. Those breaching the peaceable nature of our gatherings will be punished severely.

For the time being, I will be declaring the downtown area from the Parkway to California and Clinton to Heart of Huntsville to be open hunting ground available to all. At our next meeting of the city council we will be determining territories and naming regents. Further, no kindred shall hunt any ground or event that is dominated by human minors, within the bounds of Redstone Arsenal, or on ground held sacred to a faith.

While this office was thrust upon me unexpectedly, I will uphold its traditions and responsibilities with gravitas and momentum. Together with wisdom we will forge a future of peace and prosperity for our noble city.

Respectfully,

The Right Honorable Alder, Simon D'Eon, Prince Pro-Tem and Marquise of Huntsville, Advocate, Speaker, and Librettist of The Invictus

++End of Transcript++
Back to top Go down
Sarah Wade
Webmistress
Webmistress
Sarah Wade

PostSubject: Re: Address to the Domain   Address to the Domain EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:01 am

Marquis Alder D'Eon,
Welcome to your new power in domain of Huntsville! I am understanding that you are member of first estate, so is a fitting place for one such as you.
I am curious in my nature, most pertaining to formal affairs and announcement. When it is said all should be forwarding announcements request to harpy, is it meant to send papers to harpy before all gatherings?
In old country, when we gather for courts we come to building and many lurk in shadows with no such paper. So different is this country from what I have come to know in my requiem, I wish no offending to natures of kindred here. If papers are needed, I will be finding a way to bring papers to Lady Eva. What knowledges are we to be sharing on these such papers?

Regarding to the formal nature of courts here, does this also regard to clothing? You will forgive that I am finding my wardrobe not so much in the formal nature. Over many long nights I have come to know that many formal clothings are binding to the movement of the body and I end up with many dresses in trash.
Example, One time I wear red shiny dress given by Daeva woman to court in Moscow. Forsaken come and we all run into the night like so many tiny birds moving from the way of a vehicle on a road. This red shiny dress hugged the skin as an eager lover and in my movements I tear it and it brings attentions to me. (Not so much of the good nature.) Daeva woman was not happy when I return dress to her belonging and it was, well...not so pretty dress anymore. Forsaken blood does not so easily wash away from wealthy fabrics, most regarding to "dry clean" and I am still not understanding how does it clean a fabric with no water? Many other times things of this nature are happening to me as well. But if it is desired by prince that all should come dressed in such a manner, I will also be trying to find a suitable attire.

Spasibo,
Alder KloƩ Volkov
Recognized Shadow of Dragons

Last edited by Sarah Wade on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://Etsy.com/shop/bardicpiratestudio
adrienb
Mortal
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Address to the Domain   Address to the Domain EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Madame Kloe,

Welcome to the New World, I sincerely hope you find it to your liking. While there are always cultural difference between any two societies, I think you will find that kindred nature is much the same no matter where you go.

It is a personal preference of mine that court will be formal. I understand completely your reservations about the manner of dress traditionally associated with such events. It is my intent that kindred attending court announce and comport themselves with honor and respect. For the sake of security, there shall be no "lurking" for the duration of court.

Further, I have no intent in enforcing a dress code. All may clothe themselves in a manner they find fitting of their Requiem. While court may be a formal affair, it is my intent that it remain brief as possible to leave plenty of time afterward for socializing or special events.

The Lady Whitmore may be reached by email, phone, or posting directly to this forum. I expect she will make an open post soon to collect information from everyone. All attending court will be required to make contact with the Harpy before court to provide their titles and honors before each gathering. Those that are under duress may wait outside the gathering hall until the Harpy has the opportunity to announce their presence. Individual kindred will not be required to carry identification papers, this measure is simply to ensure proper respect is given and received in court. I find this to be particularly enlightening for the younger kindred or travelers that may not be so familiar with everyone in the city.

Should you ever need for anything Madame Kloe, do not hesitate to reach out to this office.

Respectfully,

The Right Honorable Alder, Simon D'Eon, Prince Pro-Tem and Marquise of Huntsville, Advocate, Speaker, and Librettist of The Invictus

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Address to the Domain   Address to the Domain Empty

Back to top Go down

Address to the Domain
Page 1 of 1