Huntsville, AL domain of Games Without Borders, ShadowPlay International LARP club.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Huntsville By Night forums! (A domain of Games Without Borders, Shadowplay International LARP club!)

VTR: Downtimes and Character Journals are due by the 1st Saturday of the month!

If you are looking for Contact E-mails, Addenda, CDD forms and Character Sheets, Check under the "Resources" Forum.

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Downtimes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Downtimes   Wed May 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Post your monthly downtime reports here for the ST's to go over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntsvillebynight.org
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   Sat May 11, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm still working on my downtime document, but I have a question. Can I use these forums In Character to push spyware and key-loggers onto the computers of vampires that have an account here? I have computer 5, intelligence 4, a computer that gives +3 to computer skill and the hacking specialty, for a total of 13 dice.
Spyware and Keystroke loggers are listed in the Armor book, page 168&169. This would let me monitor the computer activity for everyone who's computers that I can successfully put it on.
I realize this may be too powerful in game terms but it is what my character is built for.
Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   Sun May 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Date: May 12th, 2013
Player Name: Justin Cline
Email: imm0rtalmage@gmail.com
Phone #: 256-653-7753
Forum Username: Imm0rtal
Character: Thadeus Turing

Previous XP Balance: 0
Game XP Award: ?
MC level XP used: ?
Spent XP: N/A
Ending XP Balance: 0

City Status: ?
Clan Status: [Mekhet]: 1
Covenant Status: [Carthian]: 2
Notes: I am assuming here that I am allowed to change my character. I PM’d Raven asking permission to change my clan/bloodline. If I can’t then it will be status Ventrue

How are you feeding/hunting? I don’t know enough about the game to answer this.
Blood Potency: 2
What area are you feeding in? I don’t know enough about the game to answer this.
Are you using the Haven Location benefit? I don’t know enough about the game to answer this.
Amount of vitae spent on Ghouls: 0
[Other vitae expenditures during downtime should be noted as well.]

Is there a limit on actions? If so, is it per week, per downtime, per month?

Personal Action #1: Used my computer skills to track down anything to do with the black stone with red handprint. Used customized web crawler to comb through occult forums, online publications, news reports and other sources. I use my local server cluster (Resource **** Computer, +3 equipment bonus Page 237 Hunter Core book)

Personal Action #2: Created backdoors into local/regional police departments. Used this backdoor to gather any information on stolen police equipment, suspicious larceny reports, missing person reports or reported stolen/missing guns. Legally when a citizen loses possession of a firearm due to being stolen or misplaced for a long time, they are obligated to inform the local authorities in case they are used in a crime. I use my local server cluster (Resource **** Computer, +3 equipment bonus Page 237 Hunter Core book)

Personal Action #3: Checked purchase history of local car dealerships and junkyards looking for purchases of Crown Victorias (the type of car that cops drive). Additionally looking for purchases on any beretta firearms (The type of weapons police officers carry). I check local pawn shops, nearby gun shows, as well as licensed dealers.

Personal Action #4: I would like to investigate who this Paladin Silvermane is. I find it highly suspicious that our local problems have been leaked out so quickly. His response is entirely too fast for comfort. I also don’t trust someone who plays multiple sides. Belonging to 2 covenants seems opportunistic and potentially dangerous. I would like to use my Status Carthian to find out where he came from, what his role was in the domain he used to be located, and any other relevant information I can gleen.

Personal Action #5: I would like to hack into the Huntsvillebynight.org forums and gain access to all forums sections. I would then like to push spyware/keyloggers to all Vampire users of the forums in order to watch their online activity.

Allies [Anonymous 2]: Requesting a dummy account be created in Net Zero information network to be accessible when requested. This account should use IP spoofing. This should be a very easy task for Anonymous. I then begin to post on their site as c0nspiricyGuy. I plan on building up Net Zero as a contacts merit.

Contacts [Government 1]: Requesting whether any purchases were made for out of the way locations, preferably warehouses where the ambush of the Prince’s caravan could have been coordinated. Focusing on those closest to the incident and working away. Additionally, information on any background checks run for the purchase of beretta firearms in the region.

Reminders/Notes/Other:
I wish to use my resources to beef up security at the Carthian Haven. I have Rescources 4, so I should be able to afford state of the art security. One thing I would like to put in is a biometric scanner. Normal biometric scanners require blood to be flowing through the limb in question in order for them to register. This will be especially helpful because once this is in place I will inform the other Carthians (and only the other Carthians) that they can use Blush of Life to enter the Haven. Kindred without this knowledge will be unable to enter, even if they fake our handprints.

Additionally I would like to add active motion detectors at all entrances and approaches. A 3 dot Motion detector can detect Kindred and any other corporeal creatures. Hunter Page 233. I would like to couple this with thermal imaging cameras (3 dots, Hunter Book). Kindred will show up as room temperature, even if the image is blurred. If a ghoul or mortal comes around they will show up at 98 degree, and werewolves show up much hotter than kine. This will help narrow down the culprits of further assaults on the Carthian Haven.
Back to top Go down
Ser Templeton
Mortal
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok that's a bunch of stuff that would be much easier dealt with in person so when you get here tonight just grab me for about 15 minutes and we'll go over all of it.
Back to top Go down
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:56 pm

That was my downtime from last month. I haven't done my new one. I'll write it up and get with you before the game about it.

Personal - justincline.rpg@gmail.com
GWB2013050002
Back to top Go down
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Date: 06/03/13
Email: imm0rtalmage@gmail.com

Previous XP Balance: 48
Game XP Award: 0
MC level XP used: 0
Spent XP: 0
Ending XP Balance: 48

XP Purchases: None

City Status: 0
Clan Status: Mekhet: 2
Covenant Status: [Carthian]: [2]

How are you feeding/hunting? I'm feeding at the Monolith
Do you possess the Coil of Blood? [No]
What area are you feeding in? I'm feeding at the Monolith
Are you using the Haven Location benefit? No
Amount of vitae spent on Ghouls: 1

Personal Downtime (Resolve) Actions:
Personal Action #1: Investigating the uniforms that were purchased by the people that attacked the Prince

Personal Action #2: I received the name of the sire of one of the Brood that lives in the Necropolis and his sire. I am tracking down his sire's location via purchases, cell signal etc.

Personal Action #3: Continuing to develop my contacts with Net Zero.

Number of Retainers: 1
How many of your Retainers are Ghouled? 1
Do you spend Willpower for Ghouls? No

Retainer Action #1 Robert Shelling: Using ties to the Black Market (Allies Black Market 4) to investigate any off the record purchases of firearms by the Brood.

Retainer Action #2 Robert Shelling: Sighted in Scopes Wits [2] + Firearms [5] + Equip [2]

Retainer Action #3 Robert Shelling: Worked on discovering the Birth certificate of Robert Mason (owner of Veridian Technologies)

Allies [Anonymous]: Have them set up backdoors into all relevant websites of Veridian Technologies and other related companies

Carthian Pull - Put into Resources to bring it up to 5

Reminders/Notes/Other:
Last downtime I researched information on Silvermane but I never heard back. Also, I would like Robert to be on standby at Elysium with his rifle to guard it. He has a night vision, long range scope so he should be able to see a couple miles in every direction.

GWB2013050002
Back to top Go down
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Date: 06/14/13
Email: justincline.rpg@gmail.com

Previous XP Balance: 48
Game XP Award: 0
MC level XP used: 0
Spent XP: 0
Ending XP Balance: 48

XP Purchases: None

How are you feeding/hunting? I'm feeding at the Succubus Club
What area are you feeding in? I'm feeding at the Succubus Club
Amount of vitae spent on Ghouls: 0

Personal Action #1: Working on upgrading my computer with parts from the +4 to the +5.

Personal Action #2: Trying to hack the forums further.

Personal Action #3: Upgrading any computer/security systems in the Prince’s Haven.

Retainer Action #1 Robert Shelling: Tracking the Man with the Plan Kindred using the tablet.  He will get a description of him, draw out patterns and get make/model/license plate number(s) of any vehicles he drives.  Locate an advantageous spot at a nearby building to his haven to set up a sniping position.  Since he uses an anti-material rifle with FLIR, use heat signature of the apartment to get a general map.

Retainer Action #2 Robert Shelling: Break into an empty apartment in the building and map out the interior where all appliances would normally sit, fuse box, room layout etc.

Retainer Action #3 Robert Shelling: Work with Thadeus Turing on hacking the forums.

Allies [Anonymous]: Set up a DDoS nuke button on the MAC address/IP Address of the computer systems being used by the Man with the Plan.  This will be something that I can send an email to an address to kick off the attack and bring down the network.

Carthian Pull - Put into Resources to bring it up to 5

Reminders/Notes/Other:

My downtime last time consisted of these main actions:  I was told absolutely nothing about what I did/did not accomplish with many of these tasks.  I’m listing them below again.
Personal Action #1: Investigating the uniforms that were purchased by the people that attacked the Prince

Personal Action #2: I received the name of the sire of one of the Brood that lives in the Necropolis and his sire. I am tracking down his sire's location via purchases, cell signal etc.

Personal Action #3: Continuing to develop my contacts with Net Zero.

Retainer Action #1 Robert Shelling: Using ties to the Black Market (Allies Black Market 4) to investigate any off the record purchases of firearms by the Brood.

Retainer Action #2 Robert Shelling: Sighted in Scopes Wits [2] + Firearms [5] + Equip [2]

Retainer Action #3 Robert Shelling: Worked on discovering the Birth certificate of Robert Mason (owner of Veridian Technologies)

Allies [Anonymous]: Have them set up backdoors into all relevant websites of Veridian Technologies and other related companies

GWB2013050002
Back to top Go down
Justin Cline
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:40 am

Date: 08/08/13
Email: justincline.rpg@gmail.com

Previous XP Balance: 56
Game XP Award: 4
MC level XP used: 20
Spent XP: 26
Ending XP Balance: 2

XP Purchases: Auspex 2, Retainer (3), Guardian Vigil

How are you feeding/hunting? I'm feeding at the Succubus Club
What area are you feeding in? I'm feeding at the Succubus Club
Amount of vitae spent on Ghouls: 1

Personal Action #1: Data Mining the Hunter communications. Using keyword algorithms and content flagging to sift to the most relevant information. Looking for anything on other supernaturals in the city other than Kindred.

Personal Action #2: Attempting to locate the Twilight Network.

Personal Action #3: Requesting information on Promethians from Network 0.

Retainer Action #1 Robert Shelling: Tracking the Promethian and attempting to find a pattern in his actions.

Retainer Action #2 Robert Shelling: Cultivating contacts in Law Enforcement and local governement.

Retainer Action #3 Robert Shelling: Following Hunter activities. Looking for a pattern in their actions, including any other supernaturals they may be interacting with.

Allies [Anonymous]: Leaked information that local FBI branch may be infringing on the local populace's freedom of privacy. Had them ready a DDOS attack to bring down their network if necessary.

Carthian Pull - Boosted Network 0 allies rating.

Reminders/Notes/Other:

I am still bugging Elysium, so if I could get the information that was talked about between the Geist and Lord Thereou that would be helpful.

Additionally, I hacked into the forums a couple months ago, but was never given permissions in the appropriate sections.

GWB2013050002
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downtimes   

Back to top Go down

Downtimes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Huntsville By Night :: Retired Character: Thadeus Turing-
Jump to: